the craft of woodworking

Finally finished my latest work, of course it's not all perfect in the creation if this is not the wood that is properly prepared; the wrong finish with sanding machine or paper, wood is very old probably from old laths (a thin flat strip of wood, especially those of a series forming a foundation for the plaster of a wall or the tiles of a roof, or made into a trellis or fence.)
Why this motive, inexplicable response * It's a bit rough with fine..
in addition to spending time there is a power consumption as well as tools, do not do this every day still need to choose a dry tree and a specific motive.In the neighborhood, I'm not sure how many women are turning to these works with wood and complexity of creation;this is not a competition to prove skills because I'm not a forester, not a fisherman or carpenter.What is the size and weight;I did not scale, I must figure out how I'm going to put on the wall..and if I was to appropriate for itself.
 
but an artist must develop specific skills to carve it properly
interesting visual and tactile effects. The surface texture may be manipulated by sanding, scraping, scorching, weathering, or leaving it just as it came from the shaping. Processes such as sanding or rasping have one sort of effect, while cutting (planing, chiseling, gouging, or other carving)
 
 
 
 

Popular Posts